Tuesday, July 8, 2008

the adventure continues

Hi All!

Thanks for checking in on me. I am trying to type on a French keyboard so sorry for typos! Its a trip being in a new country! I keep trying to speak Spanish and its not getting me anywhere. I am still struggeling to upload photos of our latest leg of our adventure, so far no luck. Did anyone find the photos of the Noorde Zee on Flickr? My screen name is Ms. Murphy. I,ll keep trying...

We have been seeing beautiful old buildings in Metz France. Its a walled city east of Paris with Medieval churches and towers. Its crazy seeing things older than anything in the States. The biking has been wet- lots of rain and it turn out my rain gear leaks! So I am going to go shopping in Paris before we head out on our next 10 day bike trip. Today we're training to Paris with the bikes and we'll be visiting museums etc. for the next four days. Then µCarrie and Emily will be heading home and Marc and I will be heading to the Loire Valley to see Castles ans sample wine!

We all agree that the Netherlands was the absolute best for bike touring. France doesn't have the same kind of bike trails or the extremely clean bathrooms. In Holland the camping is fantastic and plentiful.

We all feel better now that Rock Werchter is over! We camped in the mud with 100,000 other hippies and drunk teenagers. Turns out that peeing in public is no problem for the men and I saw way more than I wanted to of that! But the food and beer were plentiful and the music was great. My favorite was seeing Gnarls Barkley rqise the roof. Kings of Leon was a huge hit as well. It was cool to see all the European fans singing along and almost crying during their set! Radiohead had an amazing light show. We endured so much to see those guys play it was a relief to pack up and bike away from there. I still feel dirty!

Hopefully I'll figure out how to get some photos up. The old buildings are lit up at night and reflect on the canal waters. Its so pretty!

No comments: